Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Material Girls Follow Up

I also just realized that I never articulated the results of the Material Girls efforts last year. As a reminder, Mary Jane Handy from the Material Girls quilting group heard about the initiative to provide 250 quilts to the Blair Batson Children's Hospital in Mississippi. Again, she reached out to the generous sewers within her guild and I don't think there was a quilter in that group that didn't get involved in making a quilt. When they had completed the 250+ quilts (I believe the final tally was closer to 300, correct me if I'm wrong Mary Jane), they invited Keira and I up to their end of season banquet where we had a special celebration to showcase the pyramid of boxes of quilts that the group had put together. It was unbelievable and we were so awestruck by the effort. Sewing the quilts was one thing, and then getting those boxes down to Mississippi was another, and effort involving a lot of emails using words like pallet, shrink wrap, drop ship, etc. Needless to say, the quilts arrived and are being given out to the families and premature babies in the hospital. Tenderly and lovingly! Thank you so much Mary Jane and the Material Girls Quilters.

No comments:

Post a Comment